Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shichida

The first time I heard of Shichida was through a friend whose friend's friend's kids attended the course.

"Suchida? Shishida? Shiwha ..?" "Really, the kids can do all that???!!!"

I did some reading on the Net to find out more about this brain development program for young children. The founder Makoto Shichida claimed to have found the way to "activate" and "develop" the right brain, something that we may use less and less as we grow, due to the way we are taught things, which primarily focuses on left brain.

Half curious, half kiasu, I went down to one of their training centres at HDB Hub at Toa Payoh In Dec08 to find out more. Before I know it, I found myself signing on the dotted line and join the waiting list to be enrolled for the next term (fingers crossed).

In Feb08, I called to check as I didn't hear from them. Thinking that I may need to wait for another term, ie 12 weeks, I was very happy and excited to hear that they have a vacancy for Mayenne in a Saturday slot. However, it wasn't my top choice in terms of timing - I preferred the morning so that we can complete the lesson and have the rest of the day for other things. They gave me 4.15pm, which was a blessing in disguise as sometimes, Chester would not be able to send us to class, I would ask my mum (and maid) to go together and the timing is just right as the maid would have finished her chores by then. Lessons will end at 5.30pm and by the time we reach home, it again perfect timing for her dinner.

I rushed down to make payment to secure the day and time slot, as I understand that there is a long waiting list (actually I'm not sure how they manage to squeeze me in so soon - I guess when they see the $$$ sign, they will make room).

I was told there is another vacancy available for Sunday classes at the same timing. I called Joan to contact them and she too got a place, after making payment.

Let's see what they can do for our babies.

No comments: