Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bonding

Due to some bereavement over at my sis-in-law's side of the family, my niece Cherese got to stay with my Mum, and Mayenne had to chance to bond with Baby Cherese.

From what we observed over the last few days, Mayenne has developed a very caring personality, and is sensitive and considerate towards Baby Cherese.

At the beginning, when we asked Mayenne to "sayang" Cherese, she wanted to stroke her face. But we were afraid she may not be able to know the extent of her strength and hurt Cherese in the process, so we taught her to stroke Cherese's leg instead. Now without asking, when she sees Cherese, she will "sayang" her leg.

But one evening, Mayenne was having her dinner and Cherese was lying in the rocker near Mayenne. Then Mayenne reached out to stroke Cherese on her face. We all jumped up, but eased a little as we saw how gently Mayenne touches Cherese's face.

"A bit more to the right please.... yeah, that's it!
Uhhh....
. thanks for the scratch!"


In one of the afternoons when my Brother came over to visit Cherese, Cherese was sleeping and my Mum and Brother were talking in that room. Suddenly, Mayenne went into the room and "Shhhhh-ed" them, complete with a finger to her lips, and then walked out of the room.

I can't help but feel that my baby girl is all grown-up now.

No comments: