Monday, October 13, 2008

Winning in Weaning

It's official - Mayenne is completely weaned from her pacifier, in her 17th month.

Actually it happened much earlier cos she doesn't look for it or fuss when she was trying to sleep. But she still had that sucking action with her lips and mouth when she has her eyes closed, as though she's sucking on an imaginary dummy. But this evening, I noticed she doesn't do that anymore -- hence I mark today as the milestone.

The process hasn't been too long, less than a month. I didn't use the methods some of friends used, eg snip the head of the pacifier off such that the kid doesn't feel shiok sucking on a headless dummy (cos it keeps dropping out of his mouth).

I went cold turkey, and I was pleasantly surprised with the results and I achieved my silent goal of weaning her off the dummy before 18 months . Good job Mayenne! Mummy is so proud of you!

Nonetheless I'm not gonna risk it by accidentally leaving a pacifier on her table or bed!

No comments: