Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bikes and Skirts

We were on our way home on the CTE, when I noticed something flapping at the back of a motorcycle, about 10 metres in front of us.

I didn't think too much about it, until I saw the entire right leg of the pillion rider (cos our car was on the right side of the bike) ie from the hip to thigh and foot -- and then it struck me: the thing that was flapping wasn't some scarf or bandanna; it was the back portion of a skirt.

Problem was, I think they were in a hurry, and they picked up speed. The skirt just flapped harder and higher. Soon, they were way ahead and then our view was blocked by other vehicles in front. Sorry, couldn't get any pictures.

Couldn't also understand one thing -- won't the person feel the flapping? I mean, the skirt was going to as high as her head!!! And the flapping would form some resistance against the wind -- I'm sure you can feel some tugging at the back???!!!

So ladies, if you have to wear a skirt while riding a bike, please please please sweep your skirt below your butt and sit on it. If not, at least put on some nice underwear, not grannies.

No comments: