Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hokkaido

When I was younger, I always dreamed of going to Hokkaido for a vacation. Everyone who has been there tells me it's such a beautiful place, with great fresh produce that will leave you yearning for more and you'll fall in love with the place given the unique romanticism that that place exudes.

Well, my dream came true last week.

Actually, it started out more like a nightmare: I was suffering from abdominal cramps so severe, that I broke into cold sweat and threw up on the 2nd day of the trip. My stomach was still convulsing from the puking that nite, into the 3rd and 4th day. Nonetheless, I told myself that I'm not gonna let anything spoil my long awaited Hokkaido vacation and thankfully, I also started to feel better as the trip progressed, which allowed me to enjoy the rest of the journey.

Rather than giving you a narration of the trip, you will have a pretty good idea by taking a look at the pictures Chester took with his SLR posted in his blog http://musicphotolife.blogspot.com/ and http://photosg.com/v/hokkaido/.

I must give kudos to Chester - he lugged a camera that weighed a few kgs (plus lens and all) everywhere we went. But because of his love for photography, he didn't mind it at all. And all thanks to him, we have such beautiful pictures that we can remind ourselves of the trip in the future.

No comments: