Thursday, August 16, 2007

Inaugural

Finally. My very own blog.

My hubby Chester (love you hunny!) has been bugging me to create my own blog for the longest time. Not sure what has been holding me back, perhaps I've been very busy with work, or may be I didn't subscribe to the idea of sharing your personal thoughts with the world.

Well, not until I had a life-changing event: I became the mother to a baby girl, Mayenne.

I have devoted all my time to taking care and looking after Mayenne during my maternity leave, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. When I asked my mum what I was like when I was around Mayenne's age (she's 11 weeks now), she couldn't quite recall, except that I eat and sleep a lot.

Then it struck me.... I don't want to forget all the special moments that I've shared with Mayenne and Chester.

I enjoy reading Chester's blog (blog.chester.sg), which captures his thoughts on things happening in his life, especially his interactions with Mayenne. I will read and re-read his posts, trying to relive the moments and feel his emotions.

I want to be able to do the same for myself, to capture Mayenne's first encounter with solid food, her tantrums when she's teething, how she got up and took her first step.

So here I am. My first post.

I think I'll bawl like a baby when Mayenne utters her first "Mummy".

Watch this space.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for starting your own blog - finally. It's a great write-up and I'm very proud of you. Love you forever, and ever.

Ris said...

Hi Angie, this is Iris, Chester's friend and we've met over dinner some time ago... Very glad you had started your own blog. It will serve as a good time capsule and I am sure i will enjoy reading your blog as much as Chester's.

Keep writing.

Love,
Ris
www.loveris.sg

angiebabie said...

Dear Iris,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the record, you are the very first person to post a comment!! I have been reading your blog too, and I look forward to sharing and learning many baby matters from you!

Cheerios!